Translation work in progress, use Google for not yet translated posts

Translation work in progress, use Google for not yet translated posts

Tuesday 28 October 2014

LEBB Bilbao parking positions (scenery 1.x)

Given the lack of interest of italian flightgear pilots, I decided to switch blog to English (and to translate old posts, too)

Because English isn't my mother tongue, please be so kind and correct me if I'd make some grammatical or spelling error. Thanks


Attention this work is intended for FG scenery v 1.x ! For 2.0 scenery modifications you must wait a little.

Recent work, changes (hope improvements) I did on LEBB. For start, some glitches I found there:

B737 Air France, apron north, stand 21. It's waiting here so long that it fell into terrain
at LEBB even bus driver must have pilot license
LEBB hasn't any parking pos defined, so I decided to make one groundnet.xml file myself. For telling long story short: downloaded apt charts only for discover they are unusable - parking stands coordinates too rough for modelling. So I did some "direct" measurement with fg and mpmap, fg with Follow me car on one box and mpmap window on other one. Nice pastime, couple of hours on Friday, half a day on Saturday, half a day on Sunday, whole about 20 hours, almost all spent waiting for mpmap reaction. Terrible delay, but nothing surprising. From me to mpserver01 in Germany, then to mp02, because mpmap01 is down and from there back to me, 5-6 sec (not milisec, but sec) delay. I must have my local mpserver for these works.
Now I have fresh, new LEBB.groundnet.xml file and also 2908496.stg file (to be saved in $FGFS_HOME/Scenery/Airports/L/E/B/LEBB.groundnet.xml and $FGFS_HOME/Scenery/Objects/w000n40/w003n43/2908496.stg) Both zipped in LEBB_Bilbao.zip file, available on Downloads page (see left column).

In .stg file I slightly modified the positions of static aircrafts, to correspond better to parking pos (except N-16, N-17 and N-18) and fixed some of glitches above. No, buses no, they still fly. Compared to original file I did only one not neglectable change: static Cessna on apron south, stand G2 was moved to stand G5. So starting FG with my Cessna on stand G2 taxiing from there is more fun.

In groundnet file are defined all 48 parking positions of LEBB and all 10 holding points too. Parking positions are marked N-<number> or S-<number> (Apron north and Apron south, S-G<number> in case of G stands for small ga aircrafts on south apron. In accordance with .stg file parking pos occupied by scenery static aircrafts are commented out, so they don't appear in lists of available positions. The same for holding points C3 and C5, they are marked in FG as in realty "NO ENTRY", so they are disabled (commented out). For not using these positions when starting with command line (--parkpos=<something>), here is complete list of not usable ones:
Apron north: N-6, N-6A, N-16, N-17, N-18, N-19, N-21, N-21A
Apron south: S-G1, S-G3, S-G4, S-G5, S-G6
Holding points: C3, C5
all also listed at the end of groundnet file.

For exact position of each parking or holding point and limitations see LEBB official apt charts or for quick reference there is LEBB_park_pos.png file, also contained in my LEBB_Bilbao.zip file. 

Pls, don't forget: Some days LEBB is controlled apt, so dont' start FG with aircraft on rwy, when you fly in multi player mode. This is a real purpose of this my little hobby work. Too small (and incomplete too) for calling it custom scenery, I call it custom polish.

Stay tuned, another modification coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment